Eager to contribute to inclusion and gender equality
in Europe’s FMCG sector?
The mission of the LEAD Network is to attract, retain and advance women in the Consumer Goods & Retail Sector in Europe through education, leadership and business development. LEAD Network is convinced organisations can create more sustainable value by leveraging the full talent pool. LEAD Network’s vision is a diverse workforce where both men and women are enabled to contribute their full potential and lead their organisations to the next level of value creation.
In order to expand its reach, the LEAD NETWORK is hiring a
Business Development Manager (m/f)
LEAD Network’s model is composed around the attraction and development of Partner companies (corporate sponsors representing consumer goods, retail and service providers).
LEAD Network’s purpose is to partner with, connect, inspire and enable men and women within Europe’s retail and CPG industry to create a future of inclusion and gender equality at all levels.
The Business Development Manager
4 key responsibilities
- Business Development: monitor and assess sales and market data for Europe and produce reports that will assist the Foundation in formulating strategy and identifying areas of opportunity.
- Partner Relationship Development: develop and implement relationship plans for Partners (retail accounts as main priority) based on Partner needs: identify and build relationships with decision makers and influencers within the Partner organisation.
- Partner Management: collect feedback from Partners to ensure their needs are met, aligning on Partnership objectives, providing direction, summary analyses, and recommendations for changes based on Partner input. Develop strategy for the Partner Value Proposition. Develop and monitor Partner Scorecard and KPIs, ensuring value is provided to Partner throughout the year in order to secure renewal.
- Sales Opportunities: create and develop a personal network within the sector and represent the Foundation at industry events, and through other channels to identify sales opportunities, promote the Foundation, and enhance its reputation.
- A solid understanding and experience with Retail / Consumer Goods corporate environments
- A recent network of influencers and decision-makers
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- A hands-on, highly motivated self-starter who will use initiative and creativity to develop the service and role.
- Strong influencing and communication skills (both written and spoken), comfortable operating in a range of environments and across levels of seniority including C-Suite executives.
- Project management of events for Partner companies, able to work with non-direct reports.
- Excellence in motivating and working with volunteers.
- Multi-cultural savviness
- Prepared to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Fluent in English as a minimum + any other EU language is a strong asset
- The maturity and ability to work in a not-for-profit environment, with no central office.
- Affinity and passion for LEAD Network mission is essential.
Why join LEAD Network?
- An opportunity to join one of the most important associations active in Diversity & Inclusion on a European level
- Although a classic reporting line, the Business Development Manager will be very independent with room for initiative
- An environment with a horizontal structure stimulating teamwork and conviviality.
- The Business Development Manager will have contacts at C-Level.
Send your CV to Lucy Keats at Korn Ferry