Amsterdam, 7 April, 2020
LEAD NETWORK ANNUAL REPORT 2019
LEAD Network is proud to present its second annual report.
Sharon Jeske, LEAD Network Executive Director, celebrates our milestones in 2019 and gives a preview of our goals for the year ahead.
Selected highlights of our milestones in 2019:
- Our membership grew to almost 7,000 – an increase of 2,800 compared with 2018. 16% of our members are men
- We published the results of our second Gender Diversity Scorecard, which showed encouraging progress towards gender parity. Among participating companies, the proportion of women in executive positions with responsibilities in Europe hit 34%, up from 25% in 2017
- 21 CEOs signed our CEO Pledge, an increase of 15 compared with 2018
Key goals for the year ahead:
In 2020, LEAD Network will further increase retailer engagement and, collectively with its members, make strides to advance gender diversity. Guided by our Advisory Board and leadership team, we have set some ambitious objectives for the year, including:
- Increase our membership to 9,000
- Support our corporate Partners in their progress towards gender equality by sharing leading practices
- Bring together our members for our eighth annual event, on the theme of ‘Doing not Trying: Inclusion Wins in the Marketplace’ in Istanbul on 7-8 October 2020
Helayne Angelus, Chair Advisory Board & founder of LEAD Network, and Veronika Pountcheva, Incoming Chair of LEAD Network, highlight the 2021 strategy with four key objectives:
- Be the diversity and inclusion network of choice for companies and individuals within Europe’s consumer goods and retail industry
- Develop and empower the next generation of inclusive leaders, both male and female
- Help our Partners make progress toward gender equality
- Be a powerful advocate for and expert on diversity and inclusion
Felicia Eijsink-Waaijer, Treasurer of the Executive Committee, covers the financial results including a KPI dashboard.