HEAD OF OPERATIONS
The LEAD Network Europe is a non-profit and volunteer-led organisation whose mission is to attract, retain, and advance women in the consumer products and retail sector in Europe through education, leadership, and business development. The LEAD Network is run by and for its members, women and men, and we value every individual for their unique perspective. With a primary focus on promoting gender equality the organisation strives for the advancement of women of every race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical ability and lifestyle. Its vision is of a fair, diverse and vibrant industry where everyone can thrive. A diverse workforce where both men and women are enabled to contribute their full potential and lead their organisations to the next level of value creation. LEAD Network accounts for 13,000+ members – both women and men – from 81 countries.
LEAD Network Core Values
We have a passion for a diverse and inclusive industry.
We are a diverse group of individuals driven by a common passion for D&I.
We are optimistic about the future.
We believe we can change the world by collaborating under a common purpose.
We nurture our Partners.
We value our relationships with Partners and will go to extraordinary lengths to ensure mutual success.
We believe we can only change our industry if we all work together.
We are run by our members, for our members.
We respect each other and grow together. We connect and share.
We are committed to act: “doing, not trying”.
We do not accept the status quo. We will continue to push for progress while providing a ‘safe haven’ for our volunteers to actively drive change.
We believe in excellence in execution.
Integrity and authenticity in our interactions is key to our success.
We believe ‘you get what you measure’.
What you will do as our Head of Operations
- Foster a success-oriented and accountable environment within the team
- Ensure that the Foundation functions properly and that effective decisions are made and carried out in the areas of strategy, finance, governance, contracts, recruiting and staffing, events, Partner relations, Chapters, CRM and website, and special projects
- Direct and coordinate financial and budget activities to fund operations, investments and increase efficiency. Manage every aspect of our financial administration
- Create the short and long-term operational plan and performance metrics for the Foundation, bringing our strategy and vision to life through execution
- Facilitate collaboration between staff, contractors, and volunteers to ensure the execution of the Foundation’s strategy and annual plan
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop, evaluate and implement solutions
- Set, meet and exceed budgeted financial targets set forth in the annual budget through the implementation of strategic, analytical, and tactical plans for the organization
- Support all Committees and special projects
- Research, prepare, and review reports, manuals, correspondence, and any other material required, recommending changes and shepherding approval
- Direct, plan, and implement policies, standard operating procedures to ensure continuous operation and maximize productivity
- Develop and maintain governance and administrative procedures and policies, making governancerecommendations to the leadership team. Interpreting and explaining policies, rules, regulations or laws to the organization, corporate officials, and individuals
- Hire, manage and develop a pipeline of candidates for volunteer roles, as well as staff and contractorroles, and handle the onboarding process, coaching, performance management, and other leadership support
- Curate the central document, video and image storage systems for staff and volunteers
What you bring to the role
- You have superb organisational and planning skills.
- You have a demonstrated track record of driving operational excellence, relentless pursuit of continuous improvement along with a keen eye for optimizing stakeholder experience.
- You bring strong analytical skills with knowledge of and experience with data analysis and performance/operational metrics.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to relevant stakeholders and staff in an open, fair, and trusting manner.
- You are apt in decision making and problem solving.
- You are dynamic, energetic self-starter.
- You enjoy working and collaborating in a highly matrixed, virtual environment.
- You are action-oriented and like to deliver results.
- You enjoy working with, and learning from, others.
- You have a passion for the mission and purpose of the LEAD Network.
- You have experience leading teams of employees and contractors, and can motivate and engage volunteers.
- You have experience working with FCMG companies and retail.
- An European national with a proven track record, preferably in the consumer goods and retail industry. Fluent English and conversational Dutch are required.
- You are excited to work in a full-time capacity with the LEAD Network.
How to apply
All motivated candidates are welcome to send a CV and cover letter to Marga van Winsen, Programme Manager, LEAD Network, at firstname.lastname@example.org