LEAD Network Education Committee 2017
The LEAD Education Committee was established in mid-2015. LEAD’s mission is to attract, retain and advance women in the retail and consumer goods industry in Europe through education, leadership and business development, and so with education being one of LEAD’s key pillars to achieving this mission, the Committee strongly believes that its role is to:
- Inspire through stories, lives, successes of industry role models
- Improve skills by providing toolkits and best practices to help companies drive change;
- Invest in building competencies for individual growth and female talent advancement;
- Interact to build sustainable relationships within and beyond LEAD;
- Gain Insights, share them and build on them to become the point of reference for the retail / CPG industry.
In order to drive the above goals in a coherent way, the Committee agreed to tie them to the theme of the LEAD Annual Network Event every year. In 2017, the Education Committee’s theme will be the theme of the upcoming Amsterdam event in November 2017: ‘Embracing Change: Transformation through Diversity’.
The Committee believes that by always having a close link between the work that they do and the annual event theme, their activities will have a bigger impact throughout the year as well as during the conference. It will also ensure that their activities remain aligned and that a consistent framework can be leveraged year upon year to support capability and skills building activities. This framework can easily be filled with different content consisting of a range of different formats which appeal to different learning styles. More concretely, the Committee intends to offer breakout sessions and workshops to promote transformational skill building during the conference, establish CEO round tables, offer virtual roundtable discussions for senior leaders and live webinars for members –to name a few.
The Committee sees the benefits of this approach as follows:
- Increasing the impact of the Conference
- More year round engagement of members and partners
- Delivering products that will be useful and relevant at an individual member and organizational (Partner) level
- Provides a clear focus for the Education Committee, as well eventually a model for other committees
- A theme for the year and clear expectations for our Partners and members about deliverables
- A framework that can be used every year with different content
- Tangible products in the form of toolkits and a resource library to be used by partner and members organisations.
The members of the Education Committee are:
- Adriana Ross-Maugourd, Director Change & Transformation, Leadership Development, METRO Group Wholesale and
- Food Specialist Company (Committee Chair)
- Béatrice Dupuy, Sales Vice President, Procter & Gamble (Committee Vice Chair)
- Monika Buzasy, Head of Talent Procter & Gamble Europe, Procter & Gamble
- Emmanuelle Romain, Marketing Director, Global Consumer Products & Retail, EY
- Christina Taylor, Global Commercial Talent & Learning Director, Mars GmbH
As we all know, LEAD is a success thanks to the commitment of its volunteers, and in our fast changing business environments, we need more support than ever! If you are passionate about supporting LEAD’s education mandate and willing and eager to contribute to making all the above happen then please consider joining our Committee. Anyone interested should email LEAD Executive Director Sharon Jeske at email@example.com